ATB was established in 1938, by the Government of Alberta to extend basic financial services to Albertans. Our first branch opened on September 29, 1938 in Rocky Mountain House. ATB became a provincial Crown Corporation in October 1997 under the authority of the Alberta Treasury Branches Act Chapter/Regulation A-37 RSA 2000 and Alberta Treasury Branches Regulation: 187/1997. In January 2002, we launched our new corporate identity, ATB Financial. This new identifier confirms the business we are in - providing a full range of financial services to Alberta - and reconfirms our commitment to the people of our province.
"Albertans Investing in Alberta" is a publication that covers the history of ATB Financial from 1938 to 1999.
ATB operates under a Board of Directors appointed by the Lieutenant Governor in Council, and had investment, liquidity and risk standards comparable to other financial institutions.
Headquarters9888 Jasper Ave NW