Cisco is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate. At Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) customers come first and an integral part of our DNA is creating long-lasting customer partnerships and working with them to identify their needs and provide solutions that support their success.
Founded in 1984 by a small group of computer scientists from Stanford University, Cisco engineers have been leaders in the development of Internet Protocol (IP)-based networking technologies since the company's inception. This tradition of innovation continues with industry-leading products in the core areas of routing and switching, as well as advanced technologies in areas such as Unified Communications, Network Security, Video, Virtualisation and Cloud Computing.
- With sales and marketing operations spread across key cities in India and a software development centre in Bangalore, Cisco leads the networking market in core technologies of routing and switching, as well as WLAN and network security.
Cisco India Facts
- Cisco India commenced operations in 1995
- India, as a region, is part of the APAC theater
- Cisco has 7 Sales Offices in the region - New Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai, Pune, Kolkata and Hyderabad.
- India headcount is 7800+ including R&D, sales and business support staff
- Cisco Global Development Center is in Bangalore, this is the largest outside of the US
- i. Joint Development Centers with Wipro Technologies and Infosys Technologies in Bangalore; HCL Technologies in Chennai and Zensar Technologies in Pune
- Cisco’s go-to-Market strategy is through partners
- 2000+ Partners
- 10 Gold Certified Partners - Accenture Services Pvt Ltd, British Telecom India Pvt ltd, Bharti Airtel Services Ltd, Dimension Data India Ltd, HCL Comnet , HCL Infosystems Ltd, IBM, Orange Business Services, Wipro and TCS
- 9 Silver Certified Partners - Velocis (formerly Integrix), Proactive, Locuz, PC Solutions , Nirmal Datacomm, SK International, Allied Digital Services Ltd, Netplace Technologies Pvt Ltd and Central Data Systems P.Ltd
- 4 Distributors- Ingram Micro, Redington, Compuage and Comstor
- Support and Service - Extensive support system for customers with 18 logistics centers (premium depots). Besides that, Cisco is the only vendor to have a support program called ARNBD (advance replacement next business day) for its resellers
- Cisco Capital was launched in 2005 to offer flexible leasing and financial services to customers and partners
- Currently, there are 194 Active Cisco Networking Academies across 24 states & union territories with 23,104 Active Students, 31% of which are women students. Overall these academies have impacted 65,515 students since the program inception in India.