Founded in 1995 in San Jose, Calif., eBay Inc. (NASDAQ:EBAY) connects millions of buyers and sellers globally on a daily basis through eBay, the world's largest online marketplace, and PayPal, which enables individuals and businesses to securely, easily and quickly send and receive online payments. We also reach millions through specialized marketplaces such as StubHub, the world's largest ticket marketplace, and eBay classifieds sites, which together have a presence in more than 1,000 cities around the world.
eBay Inc. offers benefits that contribute to a unique environment of genuine growth and opportunity for new employees and interns. This is a summary of benefits and does not explain provisions such as exclusions or plan limitations.
The following benefits are for regular employees:
Health and Wellness
Medical Insurance ? Coverage begins on date of hire
1. Anthem Blue Cross PPO (Preferred Provider Organization)
2. Health Net HMO (CA and AZ only)
3. Kaiser HMO (CA and CO only)
4. Select Health HMO (UT only)
Comprehensive coverage provided by Delta Dental. Maximum benefit of up to $2000 annually per person.
Exams, contacts, lenses and frame coverage provided by Vision Service Plan (VSP).
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
The Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) allow you to use tax-free dollars to pay for eligible expenses. You can set aside up to $5,000 per account and use the convenient debit card for health care expenses.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
The EAP is a confidential counseling service designed to help you and your family members with a wide range of personal, emotional or financial issues. You are automatically enrolled, and the plan is provided to employees and family members at no cost.
Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
All employees are covered for two times their annual salary for basic life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment. We also offer optional life insurance and AD&D programs for you and your family.
Short Term & Long Term Disability Insurance
Our short term disability insurance coverage is provided at 80% of salary. Long term disability coverage provided at 66 2/3% of your salary if you become disabled for a longer time. These benefits are provided at no cost to the employee.
Business Travel Accident Insurance
Our business travel accident insurance provides supplemental insurance and emergency travel assistance while youre traveling on behalf of the company.
The eHealth Highway is an eBay Inc. initiative focused on helping our people take charge of their health and wellness. We want to be your partner in reaching your personal best by providing you with the tools and resources you need to achieve a healthy and balanced lifestyle. We've also developed a special community of employees to help you, the eBay Wellness Champions, who are all working toward the same goal: better health.
Employees may use Paid Time Off (PTO) for vacation, personal time or illness. Employees with less than a year of service receive 16 days or 4.92 hours per pay period, with an additional day added for each year of service up to 20 days per year.
10 holidays per year (and one floating holiday).
After five years of service with eBay Inc., you are eligible for 4 weeks of time off with pay. Your sabbatical time away from eBay is intended to provide you with a break from the pace and intensity of your work and allow you the opportunity to recharge and pursue areas of interest to you - be it family, travel, hobbies, personal development or education.
Leave of Absence
eBay Inc. provides various leaves of absence to employees who need to be away from work for an extended period of time - generally more than seven calendar days. These types of leaves include: Short and Long Term Disability, Family Medical Leave Act, Maternity Leave, Personal Leave.
eBay 401(k) offers a convenient, tax-advantaged way to save for retirement.
- Immediate eligibility upon hire
- Opportunity to contribute up to 25% of pay up to the IRS maximum
- Contribute pre-tax dollars and lower your taxable earnings
- Designate some or all of your contributions as Roth 401(k)
- 100% Company match up to a maximum of 4% of your compensation
- 100% immediate vesting on all contributions including company match
Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Employees are eligible to purchase stock at a 15% discount, and lock in their premium for a 24-month period.
- Employees are eligible to contribute from 1-10% of their pay to ESPP deduction.
Employee Referral Program
- 20% of our new hires are through our employee referrals! You may receive up to $1,000 if your referral is hired.
Charitable Contribution & Gift Matching
- eBay Inc. employees make generous contributions of time and money to people in need. We support your efforts by matching your charitable contributions to eligible organizations.
eBay Development Workshops
- Development resources for all employees, including training for managers and career development planning for all employees.
- eBay encourages and financially supports continuing education and development programs related to current or probable future work at eBay Inc. We reimburse up to $5,250 per year for expenses such as tuition, books, and lab fees.
Adoption Assistance Program
- We reimburse up to $5,000 per child for costs associated with adopting a child under the age of 18.
- eBay Inc. discounted Pet Insurance plan can protect you financially in the event of a pet's illness or injury.
- Ergonomic consultants provide assistance with office furniture and equipment to ensure employees are working in a healthy and comfortable environment.
Headquarters2065 Hamilton Avenue