Last year 70,000 employees generated revenue of $27.9 billion – that’s nearly $400,000 per head. Don’t worry, we promise not to expect you to take responsibility for generating that much cash all by yourself straight away! What we will promise is to teach you all the human, business and technical skills you’ll need to play an active role in a team that will be making a huge impact on our business – and our profitability – very soon.
A bit of history: If you already know we are a Swedish company, you’re spot on. But did you know about our founder? We owe our traditions of imaginative engineering and superior craftsmanship to a man called Lars Magnus Ericsson. He was an inventor of telephone equipment from Stockholm, which has been home of our headquarters since 1876. And from humble beginnings in a small kitchen in Sweden’s capital, today we’re listed on the OMX Nordic Exchange and NASDAQ. We also operate in over 175 countries around the world, including the UK and Ireland.
Ericsson in the UK: You may not know it but we’ve been in the UK since 1928, when we built the Post Office’s telephone exchanges. Today, we’re busy shaping mobile and broadband communications in the UK and Ireland – two of the most deregulated, competitive and mature markets in the world. Can you think of a better arena in which to showcase your talents and use your skills to influence the future of mobile communications?
Ericsson’s graduate programme: We’re looking for bright, creative people. Individuals who’ll make the most of the opportunities a career with such an inventive company offers. And graduates who are down to earth, communicative and motivated by the idea of helping make people’s lives easier through innovative technology.
Technical roles: For 90% of our roles, such as software, hardware or test plant engineer, you will need a degree in engineering, IT or telecoms, as well as a passion for technological innovation. Non-technical roles To qualify for the other 10% of our roles, any degree is fine, although you should have an interest in a business area such as project management or finance or sales. Other qualities we look for: Respectful Professional Persevering Team player Problem solving skills
MAPLEWOOD, CHINEHAM BUSINESS PARK, CROCKFORD LANE