buildabrand has hired some of the smartest and most dedicated interns, providing them with fantastic written references for their academic courses or future employers. Many of our interns have then gone on to work for prestigious companies in the UK.
As our intern you will be working within a collaborative and friendly team and be exposed to a mix of business, design, technology and branding with a pinch of social media.
We are a mix of designers, hackers and entrepreneurs with a huge network supporting us and we’re looking to move forwards with people who are excited by design and technology. We have made a great start and we have a huge potential. If you share this vision, we need you!
We are based in vibrant Notting Hill, next to the hubbub of Portobello Road. Our office overlooks the canal (yes – with ducks and swans!) and we’re surrounded by a great community of cool startups, music producers, design firms, fashion labels, cafes, and awesome clubs.
You will be part of a small team in a fast-paced London start-up: a mix of entrepreneurs, designers, and engineers.
As part of the team you will be working with our founders who have over 30 years of combined experience in branding and development – and this is not including the experience of everyone else in the studio as well! From agencies to other companies they have co-founded, our team will be happy to share all their knowledge and past successes with you.
We have learnt a lot from our beta and have users creating brands in 122 different countries, with huge ambitions for the second generation of our product.
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for ambitious and talented interns with a passion for design and technology who want to experience the real life of a start-up in a vibrant part of London.
If you love creative thinking, design, branding, technology, you’re a social media prodigy but working hard does not scare you – then you’re welcome to join our entrepreneurial team.
What you will be getting involved in:
- Inspiring and informing our customers, designers, followers and fans through daily Twitter, Facebook, and other social media updates
- Creating captivating content for all buildabrand.com media, communication, and sales channels
- Connecting with our customers, designers, affiliates, partners and suppliers regarding their questions, feedback and enquires
- Keeping our social and networking activities going, both with the start-up and design community
- Keeping the team up to date on trends, news, and developments that might be integrated in our website and business
- Surveying and collecting great testimonials from our customers
- Drilling into our conversion rates, metrics, and site analytics
- Pulling together our receipts and invoices, and help keep our accounts up to date
- Developing, managing and creating administrative systems
- Helping to organise the office, internal meetings, and day to day operations
What you will NOT be getting involved in:
We will not have you making coffee and tea! We also don’t have a photocopier, fax machine, or phone system – though we do use Skype.
- Be internet-, web-, and tech-savvy
- Ideally know your way around Photoshop and other design programmes
- Be a smart on a Mac and a social media guru
- Have awesome writing and copy-writing skills
- Be detailed and well-organised
- Love design
- Be great with numbers
- Have a business and entrepreneurial mind
- Be a student or graduate in design, arts, business, communications, digital marketing, media, or other appropriate subject – or simply show us you are awesome and really feel you can really bring value to the team.
If this all sounds good to you, then we would love to hear from you.
After making a job application on buildabrand.com, the closed beta link will be available for you to check out the site and get creative. We’re looking forward to seeing what you create!
This position is based in London in the UK. You must be able to work in the UK and not have any visa restrictions. Sadly buildabrand is unable to sponsor any international visa applications or provide assistance with any relocation.
Individuals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster. Please don’t call us about this job. Please do not contact this job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
CV’s and résumé received by buildabrand from search firms and recruitment agencies are considered unsolicited and will be kept as buildabrand’s intellectual property or deleted as appropriate unless a contractual obligation exists between buildabrand and an agency.
Notting Hill, London
business, communication, social media, twitter, blog, creative, design