• Civil Engineer and Project Management Professional with extensive experience in project and construction management
• Experience in project planning, scheduling, budgeting, estimating, and resource management • Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills with decision making abilities • Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills • Hands-on experience with Primavera, MS Project, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
BAE Systems Projects (Canada) Ltd, Cost Schedule System Analyst, Ottawa
July 2007 to August 2009
Engineering and Supply Management Support for the Victoria Class Submarines (Client: Department
of National Defence):
* Developed, maintained, and updated project schedules using Primavera software ;
* Prepared project status reports, budget performance, and various labour and materials reports and
presented them to a variety of audiences, including senior management
* Analyzed and investigated variances in the activities' costs in order to minimize discrepancies
between the budgeted costs and estimated at completion costs
Environment Canada, Project Engineer, Ottawa
July 2006 to December 2006
Management of planning and design work for laboratories' upgrades, fit-ups and repairs:
* Assessed internal clients' needs, explored options, and made recommendations to management ;
* Prepared Requisition for Service Contract for the Procurement Review Board approval ;
* Prepared Statements of Work and Requests for Proposals, and managed consultants selection ;
* Managed detailed design and preparation of tender documentations ;
* Prepared projects abstracts for posting on MERX, evaluated submitted bids and prepared
contracts for the successful contractors.
PBC Development & Construction Management Group Inc., Project Manager, Ottawa
March 2005 to March 2006
Management of planning, design and construction of commercial and institutional facilities:
* Managed procurement of consultants and contractors. ;
* Prepared building permit applications, followed-up with city staff, and coordinated consultants'
responses to City staff inquiries in order to receive approvals in a timely manner.
* Prepared and issued tender documents, answered bidders' questions, issued addendums, and
reviewed and evaluated bids in order to recommend most suitable bidder.
* Issued project contracts, purchase orders, change orders, and processed progress payment.
MHPM Project Managers Inc., Project Coordinator, Ottawa
November 2002 to January 2004
Project management support for various projects including Rehabilitation of Canadian Museum of
Nature, Renovation of Hamilton City Hall, and Construction of City of Cornwall Recreation Complex:
* Generated project planning documentation including schedules, budgets, cost control
mechanisms, and work breakdown structures.
* Conducted site inspections, evaluated the results of inspections and tests conducted by
contractors and consultants, and supervised selected tests and inspections as necessary.
* Reviewed contractors' site specific safety plans for completeness and relevancy. ;
* Analyzed working conditions and identified hazards to be corrected by contractors. ;
* Conducted the internal audits of the company's ISO 9000 Quality Management System. ;
* Identified and documented deficiencies and tracked them to completion using Corrective Action
Reports, Preventive Action Reports, and the Audit Observation Log.
JDS Uniphase, Team Leader, Ottawa
December 1997 to May 2002
Management and supervision of fiberoptic production:
* Led, managed, and supervised over 90 fiberoptic production group personnel. ;
* Collected and analyzed production data and generated weekly efficiency reports and charts. ;
* Chaired regular staff meetings to discuss problems and evaluate production progress. ;
* Conducted group training seminars to expand staff knowledge and ensure staff awareness of
workplace health and safety specifics and overall company policies.
* Selected new work cell coordinators and facilitators, evaluated employees' performance, and
Alexandria Construction Company, Construction Manager, Cairo
July 2004 to August 1997
Construction management of several infrastructure projects including Greater Cairo Underground
Metro yard and above ground stations, water supply system for City of El-Obour, Egypt and seawater
desalination plant for City of Sharm El-Sheikh, Egypt:
* Reviewed project contracts, specifications, and drawings for completeness and consistency
* Set up project schedules and estimated required labour, material, equipment and budget ;
* Supervised multi-discipline personnel and subcontractors and solved day-to-day problems ;
* Supervised construction work to ensure compliance with drawings and specifications ;
* Conducted quantity surveying, cost analysis and issued payment certificates ;
* Monitored project progress and prepared monthly and weekly reports
Athabasca University, Seminar Tutor, Research Assistant, Athabasca
July 1991 to April 1994
** Taught Production and Operations Management courses held in Fort McMurry, Alberta. ;
** Designed questionnaires and performed data entry and statistical analysis.
Green Valley for Trade and Contracts, Construction Manager, Cairo
April 1987 to November 1989
Construction management of various projects including telephone exchanges in the cities of Al-
Mansurah, Tanta and Az-Zagaziq, Egypt, soft drinks manufacturing plant for Schweppes company in
the City of Ismailia, Egypt, and several high raise building in Cairo, Egypt:
* Oversaw construction personnel and solved day-to-day construction problems. ;
* Supervised construction work to ensure compliance with drawings and specifications. ;
* Performed quantity surveying and prepared payment certificates.
• Monitored project progress and prepared monthly and weekly reports
Elssakaf Engineering and Contracting, Construction Manager, Madina
February 1984 to February 1987
Construction management for various projects including Elwajh city hall complex, Elwajh, Saudi
Arabia, Elwasta elementary school, Badr, Saudi Arabia, and Elqiswma-Arar highway, Saudi Arabia:
* Organized teamwork and coordinated subcontractors' work. ;
* Supervised road construction and maintenance. ;
* Monitored road conditions and wrote periodical reports.
MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL at Project Management Institute
Master’s Degree in Project Management, Masters Degree at Université du Québec en Outaouais
Civil Engineering, Bachelors Degree at Ain Shams University