HR Generalist with experience and expertise in setting up and scaling the function in diverse business contexts
- Perth, AU
I am an HR professional with a decade’s experience in the function and have been involved in setting up and running HR functions for startups as well as established MNCs during the course of my tenure. In my last role, I was part of the leadership team for the global shared services center in India for JLT Group which is among the top insurance and employee benefits services companies in the world. As a part of the leadership team I was involved in providing direction to the HR function in order to grow the organisation from 100 to 550 plus and in ensuring that the full spectrum of HR services was available to all employees. As a leader I was also involved in setting the tone and the feel of the culture and the values that would define the organisation.
Jardine Lloyd Thompson, Head- Human Resources, Mumbai
December 2008 to March 2011
JLT group is the fourth largest Insurance Broker in the world. JLT India is the global shared services center for the group and provides a diverse range of services ranging from pensions administration, actuarial research to finance and accounting and HR support.
Reporting to : CEO Team Size: 5
* Setting up the HR function within JLT India and leading the ramp up of the organisation from 100 to 560 ;
* Design and implement the full suite of HR processes including organisation structure, recruitment, performance management, training and development and organisational development in consultation with the leadership team in India and the JLT ;
* Sponsor, design and oversee the implementation of the HR Administration and Engagement Platform with a view to integrate both administrative aspects as well as communication and engagement activities on a single IT platform.;
* Evaluate opportunities to offshore HR activities from the group in to JLT India and advise on implementation.;
* Be involved in client and stakeholder engagements as the HR leader to present a strong case for offshoring.;
* Develop a strong career path and development framework for the organisation to support growth;
* Act as the spokesperson for JLT India people practices in Client meetings and group forums ;
* Designed and implemented a competency based framework for career growth and assessments and trained all managers in Behavioural Event Interviews;
* Helped to assess and develop 5% of the employee group for internal promotions through a comprehensive development plan involving employees and managers;
* Maintained retention at levels far above industry average consistently through the tenure;
* Led the design and development of the Inhouse HRMS and expanded it to support the complete employee lifecycle from recruitment to exit;
* Ensured that all internal controls for the function were established within a year and SLAs defined and met with.;
* Sponsored and led the development of an interactive online organisaitonal induction program which will serve to streamline the onboarding of the employees effectively.;
Boston Analytics, Senior Manager- Human Resources, Mumbai
May 2006 to November 2008
Reporting to: SVP-HR Team Size: 4
Boston Analytics is one of the pioneers in high end research and analytical support for consulting firms and financial services firms across the world.
* As the first HR employee, set up the HR function starting from transactional record maintenance to developing Performance Management System. ;
* Designed the competency framework for the organisation to be integrated across all HR processes.;
* Led the design and execution of employee engagement initiatives including employee satisfaction surveys Employee welfare initiatives etc.;
HR Consultant, Mumbai
December 2005 to May 2006
Worked on business development and preparatory work for a leadership development and training company in Mumbai. Preparatory work involved design of proposals and content for training programs.
Acted as co faculty for a training program conducted for an IT company on facilitation skills.
BPOs worldwide, Assistant Manager- Human Resources, Pune
August 2004 to November 2005
Exlservice.com is one of the leading players in the BPO space in India.EXL offers BPO services focussed on Insurance and Banking verticals and is counted among top BPOs worldwide.
* Responsibilities handled included managing employee engagement and post recruitment HR cycle for a group of 400 plus employees across 12 processes.;
* Involved actively in employee engagement initiatives like quarterly surveys, events, one on ones, focus group discussions IJPs and compensation revisions.;
Sitel India Ltd, team leader, Mumbai
October 2003 to August 2004
* Executive- Human Resources
Sitel India Ltd Mumbai
SITEL India is a joint venture between Tata Infotech and SITEL corporation. My role profile included Employee Relations and Corporate support.
* Key role here was in the area of compensation and benefits where I was responsible for designing and executing a major site wide compensation revision exercise.;
* Other activities included coordintating in the design and execution of the first assessment center to identify managerial candidates from among the team leader cadre;
Won the reach for the stars award for the work done on compensation. At the quarterly awards function for the first qurter.
Transworld Group, Sr Executive- Corporate Human Resources, Mumbai
June 2001 to September 2003
of Companies Mumbai and Chennai
Transworld group is a reputed group in the shipping and logistics industry with companies operating in the entire spectrum of the industry. It has a global presence spanning the Indian Subcontinent, US, UK, Singapore, Dubai and Far East Regions.
Was the HR coordinator for the south and east India offices. Also handled a corporate role was involved in redesign and implementation of the PMS system for the organisation;
* Key activities included handling the entire recruitment life cycle for the offices in south India, handling the entire training cycle right from need identification to delivery, and organising and executing key organisational developmental activities by designing forums to improve inter-SBU collaboration.;
* Handled the implementation of the performance management system in the group. My scope of activties ranged from advising the management on the nature of the proposed system. Making it relevant to the diverse businesses help in defining the goals and targets and advise on implementation of the system.;
Diploma in Human Resources, Dip HR at Central Institute of Technology
Institute Of Management Development and Research-Pune
Bachelor of Commerce at Mumbai University
Secondary School Certificate at Model English School