Sanctions Screening Analyst at GMAC UK
- Cardiff, GB
Graduate with a BA (Hons) Accounting degree. Looking for a career in compliance that provides a challenge and the opportunity for further learning and success. Business minded with a commercial awareness. Team player, who is willing to take a leadership role, who adopts a proactive approach and takes responsibility. Ability to analyse complex information effectively and make rational judgements about the findings. Also, have the talent to implement and execute plans with determination and structure.
GMAC UK Plc., Sanctions Screening Analyst
February 2013 to present
GMAC UK Plc., Operational Compliance Analyst - Intern
August 2012 to January 2013
• Helped drive the culture of compliance established by the Ally Financial Inc. Board and Global Compliance and Regulatory Affairs;
• Well versed in the UK laws, regulations, regulatory environment and the resulting compliance risks associated with the business and activities, so to maintain compliance;
• Understand the structure and operating environment in the UK; this helps when monitoring compliance behaviour of the company;
• Consult with and advise senior management on compliance risks associated with the development, enhancement and deployment of any of the following to ensure the risks are appropriately identified and mitigated; products and services, business initiatives, programs, or strategies, acquisition strategies, marketing / advertising campaigns, strategies, and materials, regulatory disclosures, customer communications with regulatory significance, operational processes and procedures and systems, technology changes and training materials;
• Develop, implement and maintain the Compliance and AML Program;
• Develop, implement and maintain procedures to support the compliance program and all compliance policies applicable to the UK business and activities;
• Develop, implement and maintain the compliance monitoring, testing and reporting program to provide senior management with objective and timely assessments of compliance with UK laws, regulations, the compliance program, and all compliance policies;
• Perform independent, risk-based compliance risk assessments;
• Manage the development, deployment and tracking of all compliance training courses;
• Manage the Regulatory change management process, which includes the identification, analysis, implementation and integration of new laws, rules and regulation;
• Collaborate with senior management to develop and implement timely and effective corrective action plans for identified issues and breaches.
SWALEC Stadium, Hospitality Waiting
July 2011 to December 2012
• Setting up hospitality boxes for customers by working efficiently and effectively to make sure everything is done before the customers arrive;
• Making sure customers are looked after by welcoming them and catering for their every need;
• Providing customer service by negotiating, promoting, dealing with complaints and being patient;
• Taking orders by writing clearly, listening, helping and advising, providing creative solutions to problems;
• Communicating orders to the kitchen by organising and clarifying information and maintaining relationships;
• Serving food by retaining information and being proficient.
GMAC UK, Data Input
August 2010 to September 2010
• Inputting data onto the computer systems by prioritising information, being logical and using my knowledge of ‘Microsoft Office’, mainly Excel;
• Liaised with other departments which furthered my experience with co-operating and networking;
• Kept records by being accurate with words and figures.
Tesco Plc., Customer Assistant, Cardiff/Portsmouth UK
June 2008 to June 2010
• Served customers by being courteous, helpful and by working efficiently and effectively, and providing solutions to problems;
• Provided customer service, by dealing with complaints, returns and exchanges, and by coping under pressure;
• Handled money by being financially aware, accurate and well organised.
Letheby & Christopher, Millennium Stadium, Catering Assistant/ Plate Waiting
March 2007 to June 2008
• Set up and cleared tables by handling items quickly and being organised;
• Took orders by listening, helping and advising customers, and writing clearly;
• Served food by retaining information and being adept;
• Dealt with customers by negotiated, promoted, dealt with complaints and being patient;
• Calculated bill and handled money by being accurate, financially aware, courteous and coping under pressure.
GMAC UK, Work Experience in Finance Department
August 2007 to August 2007
• Learnt about how a finance department was run;
• Helped with filing by being organised and by planning and working to deadlines;
• Learnt how to use company office systems;
• Helped with data input by being accurate with words and figures and by using my ‘Microsoft Office’ skills.
Admiral Insurance Ltd, Work Experience
June 2005 to June 2005
• Gained a broad knowledge of how an insurance company was run by viewing most of the departments of the company;
• Learnt to take calls by seeing how their internal call centre operated;
• Inputted data, broadening my skills in the use of computers and ‘Microsoft Office’.
Accounting, BA(Hons) at University of Portsmouth
Main subjects studied include: Financial Accounting and Reporting, Management Accounting, Business Finance, Economics, Business Law, Taxation, Auditing, Business Financial Crime, and an Accounting Dissertation (Based on UK Money Laundering Regulations). This course has enabled me to develop abilities in: • Team cooperation and leadership from participation in presentations with groups of two to five students, • Reflective thinking and research, mainly gained from the final year dissertation, • Independent work, managing workload and setting own deadlines and targets. • Written communication skills, gained from writing reports and essays, • Oral communication skills, from presentations to fellow students and lecturers, • Working to time constraints, writing essays to a deadline and writing in exams.
Mathematics, A Levels at Coleg Glan Hafren
Geography, Economics, A Levels at Radyr Comprehensive School
Grades: B, C • Member of my sixth form Young Enterprise company, promoting my knowledge of business; we achieved first place in the Vale of Glamorgan finals; • Took part in a mentoring scheme whilst in sixth form, which helped year 7 students integrate into secondary school life; this was done by using peer support and communicative skills to help them overcome their problems and issues.
11 A – C, GCSEs at Radyr Comprehensive School
Including Maths, English Lit. and Lang., Double Award Science