Multilingual Russian lawyer with excellent research and practical experience in banking law and regulation.
Multilingual Russian-qualified lawyer with excellent research and practical experience in banking law and regulation.
EBRD, Intern (Legal), Trade Facilitation Programme, London
January 2011 to present
ELSA International, Trainer
January 2003 to present
• Researched, designed and delivered training sessions to groups ranging from 5 to 30 law students across 41 European countries on a pro bono basis.
• Portfolio of training sessions includes: effective communication, motivation and leadership, team building and teamwork, time management, project management and presentation skills.
Freelance, Legal Consultant
January 2009 to December 2010
• Advised six banks (including two top 30 banks) in Russia on depositor protection reform, including the drafting of new internal policies and procedures to ensure compliance with the relevant legislation.
• Assessed banks’ business practices with respect to depositor protection through on-site visits, interviews with banks’ employees and a customer survey (total of 38 branches in Saint-Petersburg).
• Analysed banking sector data and information gathered through on-site visits and prepared reports on strengths and weaknesses of banks’ current provision of information to the public with respect to depositor protection (including comparative analysis across all six banks).
• Kept banks up-to-date with the latest developments in the relevant legislation in Russia and abroad through quarterly e-mail communication and biannual face-to-face meetings.
Bank Saint Petersburg OJSC, Intern
September 2007 to October 2007
• Assisted with customer queries regarding debit/credit card issuing and opening of current and savings accounts.
• Carried out a customer survey (as part of my PhD) and compiled a report, based on my analysis of the survey data.
• Provided the bank with a number of recommendations for improving their provision of information to the public with respect to depositor protection in Russia, which were implemented across all branches of the bank in Saint-Petersburg.
Picton Howell LLP, Legal Assistant
December 2006 to January 2007
• Prepared existing data contained in a separate client database and in a separate accounting management system for the subsequent migration to a new integrated accounting and client management system.
• Verified all clients’ details, currently held, and prepared the necessary paperwork for archiving of old files where applicable.
• Assisted the law firm’s accountant by issuing invoices for outstanding payments where necessary.
ELSA International, Director for the 25th Anniversary
November 2005 to December 2006
UACES Student Forum, Conference Officer
December 2005 to November 2006
• Organised 2 major conferences for research students in Europe (70 participants in Oxford, 65 participants in London).
• Collaborated with five fellow Committee members on different tasks to execute the yearly objectives.
University of Lapland, Research and Administrative Assistant
July 2004 to September 2004
• Translated Finnish laws and explanatory notes (from English to Russian) for the co-operation projects between the University of Lapland and a number of Russian universities.
• Researched, analysed and compiled a comparative research paper on data protection in Russia and Europe.
Saint Petersburg City Administration, Legal Intern
July 2002 to August 2002
• Drafted and translated (from Russian to English) investment contracts for foreign direct investments aimed at developing the engineering, metal and food processing industries in Saint-Petersburg.
• Communicated with partners of the Committee from abroad in relation to Saint-Petersburg’s 300th anniversary preparations.
PhD in Banking Law and Regulation, PhD at De Montfort University
PGCert in International Commercial Law, PGCert at University of Nottigham
Diploma in Jurisprudence, Diploma at Saint Petersburg State University