I am an insightful and creative graduate with a fluency in German, a passion for the written word and a proven record in PR roles.
- Altona, DE
I'm very internationally minded and love working with people from different cultures. In my spare time I enjoy playing football, watching HBO boxsets, listening to music and reading. I also love video games.
Unemployed, PR Intern at the Hamburg Environmental Institute, Hamburg
September 2011 to December 2011
• Organised the award ceremony for the ‘Laien Schaffen Wissen’ prize, including writing press releases and invitations in German based on my own research about the recipient’s environmental campaign.
• Compiled and maintained databases of client and press contact details.
• Sub-edited all English content on the website www.c2c-world.com.
• Translated and proof-read texts, which were used for events such as the Hamburg Environment Week and Cradle to Cradle Islands exhibitions, as well as scientific reports.
• Assisted staff in preparation of business negotiations between EPEA and potential customers, observing proceedings through to their conclusion.
Charnwood Borough Council, Communications Work Experience, Loughborough
June 2011 to July 2011
• Influenced Charnwood Borough Council’s decision to incorporate social media into their communications strategy with an independently researched report, aimed to advise them on how they could improve their existing set up.
• Wrote press releases for a range of internal and external communications, including The Loughborough Echo, Charnwood Borough Council’s website, an internal newsletter and the Council’s internal magazine.
• Conducted interviews with members of the public and obtained quotes from Tesco corporate, which I then used to shape and add context to my articles.
Kenyon Fraser, Marketing, Liverpool and Manchester
April 2011 to May 2011
• Conducted face to face marketing with members of the public in Liverpool and Manchester promoting health and well-being event, ‘The Big Big Day’. Every day my partner and I surpassed our target of attaining 50 signups for the event and developed charismatic interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
John Lewis, Administrative Assistant, Liverpool
August 2010 to January 2011
• Worked part-time on the Technical help desk, advising customers on issues and faults regarding their electrical items. This meant learning to adopt a superb customer service style but also improved my ability to reduce complex information into succinct and useful advice.
• Liaised with manufacturers on the phone and by E-mail regarding warranty agreements and set up repairs and deliveries when needed. This also required a close analysis of faulty goods in order to assess whether or not repair or replacement would be the better option, if indeed either were options at all.
British Council, English Learning Assistant, Hamburg
September 2009 to July 2010
• Assisted the English department in their teaching of the English Language, including presentations on aspects of British culture and the organisation of events such as Halloween parties.
• Designed and created eye-catching displays around the school showcasing topics such as ‘My Life At Home’ and ‘The 5th of November’.
Waitrose, Customer Assistant, Formby
May 2009 to September 2009
YMCA Camp of Maine, Camp Counsellor, Winthrop, Maine
June 2008 to August 2009
Led activities and courses in sports such as football for children from all over the world.
Was responsible for the care of up to 8 children in my cabin 24 hours a day, 6 days a week.
Acted as a cultural ambassador for the UK, sharing stories of my life back home with a diverse group of young people.
English And German, BA Honours at University of Liverpool
English Literature, Economics, German, A Levels at Range High School