Strategic and results-driven Marketing Leader
- San Francisco, US
Strategic and results-driven Marketing Leader with a record of accomplishment that generated increased market competitiveness, higher brand equity, and significant cost reductions in domestic and international markets. Proven experience in conceiving powerful marketing strategy and cultivating top-level support while overseeing tactical execution for Fortune 500 companies and leading brands such as Monster, Yahoo!, Adobe Systems, Wells Fargo, AT&T, Barclays Bank, Wal-Mart, and Microsoft.
Director of Global Marketing
January 2010 to March 2012
Oversaw a 13-person team responsible for strategy, infrastructure development, and program implementation across emerging markets in Latin America, Europe, and South Africa.
• Drove strategic integrated marketing programs tailored to specific needs of emerging markets while ensuring alignment with corporate and brand objectives.
• Delivered leadership to country marketing teams to ensure scalability and cost effectiveness.
• Developed, coordinated and executed sales enablement tools in Brazil, Turkey, Mexico and South Africa.
• Identified new global partnership and alliance opportunities to increase site traffic and market share.
• Synergized efforts between country marketing teams to foster collaboration and open dialogue.
Director of Marketing
June 2008 to January 2010
Spearheaded B2B/B2C marketing strategy with responsibility for a $7M annual budget and four direct reports. Led online marketing, PR, tradeshows, Mobile and promotions channels.
• Optimized competitive advantage through precision forecasting and management of monthly traffic, definition of metrics, performance analysis against goals, and new strategic initiatives.
• Charted new creative for all key channels to ensure engaging and targeted online messages.
• Crafted first B2B social networking and viral marketing campaign.
Senior Marketing Manager
January 2007 to June 2008
Steered online direct marketing campaigns for Shopping, Travel, Finance, News, Sports, Games, and Real Estate. Directed three Associate Marketing Managers responsible for supporting marketing initiatives.
• Drove organization-wide international direct marketing initiatives while working with cross-functional partners and executives to develop and implement innovative strategies.
• Assessed performance and outcomes of initiatives and provided recommendations to senior management based on diligent analysis of historical, current, and projected trends.
• Scrutinized competitive activity and market trends and refined traffic models for business units according to comScore competitive tracking reports.
Grey Direct, Management Supervisor
January 2005 to December 2006
Led B2B/B2C marketing programs for Adobe Systems, Inc. across several product lines. Managed a multi-disciplinary team in account management, insight/planning, media, and data strategy within a multi-agency partnership.
• Implemented customer profiling programs utilizing various online and offline data collection techniques, which effectively profiled 29% of the client’s database.
February 2003 to January 2005
Spearheaded marketing programs for Wells Fargo Bank and Barclays Bank (iShares), defining and managing initiatives in lead generation, client retention, branding/co-branding, and promotions. Managed 6 direct reports.
• Constructed revenue-forecasting templates which facilitated the selection and execution of a client’s new email marketing and web site analytics vendors.
• Teamed with clients to identify new marketing opportunities and made strategic recommendations based on analysis of organizational needs.
Acxiom, Account Manager
February 2002 to January 2003
Managed online marketing programs for AT&T, Wal-Mart, Capital One, Microsoft, Physicians Mutual Insurance Company, and WaMu.
Senior Account Manager
October 2000 to January 2002
Drove online direct marketing programs for American Express, VISA, ABN AMRO, 3Com, and Victoria's Secret. Oversaw database activity and conducted web site activity analysis and media planning.
Benefit Consultants, Inc, Account Manager
February 1998 to July 2000
General MBA, Master of Business Administration MBA at University of Indianapolis
(Econ) Financial Economics, Bachelor of Arts (BA) at California State University, Sacramento