Talk to me about product. Co-founder of ProdPad and Product Management Consultant
- London, GB
An experienced product manager with outstanding analytical skills, with proven ability to communicate effectively on a technical and non-technical level and work in both global and detail-oriented scales. Earned the CAPM certification (Certified Associate in Project Management, PMI) in 2008.
May 2012 to present
Frustrated with the lack of product management tools, ProdPad was built by a couple product managers to solve an immediate problem.
With ProdPad, you can provide your team with an easy way to capture and build on ideas, validate them with key stakeholders, and prioritize them in line with your product strategy, and communicate your long-term plans with the product roadmap creation tool.
As co-founder, I am responsible for:
● Market research and validation
● Defining the product vision and strategy, from early prototype stages through to Beta launch and beyond
● Wireframing and interface design
● Front-end development, building with Symfony framework, jQuery UI, and having fun with CSS3
● Tracking and decoding of user actions via Google Analytics
● Copywriting and creation of product demos
● User testing, feedback gathering, and customer support (I'm here to help!)
● Sourcing and consuming large quantities of coffee
January 2012 to present
MindTheProduct (ProductCamp London & ProductTank), Co-Founder, Organiser, and Curator
March 2010 to present
MindTheProduct is the hub for Europe's Product Management Community. MindTheProduct runs the two leading product management events in London, and has gathered over 400 members and average 100 attendees per event.
ProductCamp London (semi-annually) is a user-driven, collaborative unconference on topics related to Product Marketing and Management.
ProductTank (monthly) features talks from guest speakers on both technical and business related topics, networking opportunities, and good old-fashioned networking over a beer or two.
ProductCamp London, Founder, London,
March 2010 to present
In the spirit of BarCamp, ProductCamp is a collaborative, user organized unconference, focused on Product Management and Marketing topics. At ProductCamp there are no “attendees,” since everyone participates in some manner: This means you get to present, lead a roundtable discussion, share your experiences, help with logistics, help secure sponsorships, or volunteer. ProductCamp is a great opportunity for you to learn from, teach to, and network with professionals involved in the Product Management, Marketing, and Development process! From ProductCamp experience, it is understood that everyone has something they can teach and everyone has something they can learn.
ProductCamp London is “the place” for active, novice and experienced Product Managers and Marketers to develop their craft, learn from each other, network in meaningful ways and have a lot of fun.
SimplyBastow, Freelance consultant
January 2009 to present
SimplyBastow provides personalized product and project management consultancy and support.
- Specialize in product strategy consulting for custom solutions and start to finish implementation of e-business solutions for small businesses and growing startups.
- Services include product specification documentation, custom website design and creation, web-content writing and optimization, and back-end CMS integration, as well as premium client training and support.
BraveNewTalent, Head of Product, London, United Kingdom
August 2010 to May 2012
BraveNewTalent is Europe's leading Social Recruiting platform. The site acts as the bridge between social networks and employers – enabling employers to hire from a community of individuals that connect to them in a professional way.
The site has integrated to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Blogs, YouTube, News, Jobs and more to bring into one place the complete overview of an employer's social media footprint.
Webjam, Product Manager
June 2009 to August 2010
Webjam helps companies to connect with their customers by providing them with an easy, affordable solution for social publishing and engagement. Our clients manage their own branded and customisable social media environment in which content is created and shared easily, communities grow naturally and social media networks integrate seamlessly.
As the Product Manager, I am responsible for defining, implementing and communicating compelling product features.
Mediagrif, Junior Product Manager, Montreal, Canada
August 2006 to May 2009
Play a strategic role in the creation and refinement of the products on a Business-to-Business web platform in order to optimize and increase revenues, as well as enable operational efficiency by continually improving back-end management applications.
The Players' Guild of Hamilton, Inc., Publicity Director
December 2005 to August 2006
- Designed and developed a website, and acted as Webmaster for maintenance purposes.
- Developed a variety of brochures, flyers and posters.
- Sold advertising space to, and developed associations with, local businesses.
- Created and executed plans to gain publicity and widen the customer base.
- Collaborated on ideas and issues with the rest of the Board of Directors.
Mohawk College, Web Designer - Student Life Center
February 2006 to April 2006
E-Business, Associates Degree at Mohawk College
Explore Program - French Immersion, Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières